Final Project – TED Talk
Comparative Analysis of Two Economies
The Final Project for this course is 5-minute TED TALK presentation comparing
some major macroeconomic metrics of 2 nations. The presentation will require you
to use the knowledge gained in this course. You learned several macroeconomic
concepts in this course, including but not limited to: Inflation/Deflation, Monetary
Policy, Fiscal Policy, Employment, Economic Growth, Exchange Rate, Balance of
Payments, Gross Domestic Product, International Trade, Savings/Investments and
Part 1: Slide Deck (100 points)
1. Select 2 countries. One of them has to be in the top 15 for GDP and the other
one must not be in the top 15 for GDP. (Use the World Bank List) Be sure that
you can get the data you will need for the countries you have selected.
2. Identify 5 macroeconomic measurements that you studied in this course.
Analyze and discuss the importance of the 5 issues you identified, to the
current state of the economies of the 2 chosen countries.
• Include the definitions of the 5 macroeconomic measurements.
• Identify specific factors (in the 2 countries) that contributed to the current
state of the economies related to the 5 metrics you identified.
• Include data about the 5 metrics, for both countries, for the last 5 years.
(Hint: use pictures/graphs to clarify and enhance your explanation.)
3. Create a slide deck (PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.) using this information (10
slides minimum). Be sure to include the sources of your information (the
factors and data). You can include this information on each slide if you like,
but you must also add a bibliography/citations slide to the end.
Part 2: Presentation (100 points)
1. Record a 4 – 5 minute presentation using the slide deck you built explaining
and analyzing the chosen macroeconomic issues for both countries.